The monument is in a location called Çiçeklikonak Rocks, 2.6 km north of Bayramaliler village in İhsaniye district of Afyonkarahisar. The monument was first discovered by W. M. Ramsay in 1884. It was named as Burmeç by Haspels after a nearby fountain with the same name. The local people call it Muskalı (a triangle shaped amulet) Rock due to its shape. The incomplete façade has only its pitched roof carved on a 15 m high tuff rock. Previous researchers mentioned two opposing sphinx reliefs that were barely visible on the pediment. There are no traces of them today. Middle section of the pediment was detonated by treasure hunters. It is dated to the mid-6th century BCE.
Click on the pictures for larger images.
E. Brandenburg, 1906
C. H. E. Haspels, 1971
T. Tüfekçi-Sivas & H. Sivas, 2009
Bora Bilgin, 2020